Cerno's development assessments assist you to grow exceptional leaders who embody the skills and personal characteristics required to lead your organisation into the future.
Over the last twenty years we have provided development assessment solutions to a wide range of organisations across New Zealand and Australia and have assessed over 9,000 leaders. Our projects range from individual interventions to undertaking over 600 senior leader development assessments for the Queensland Public Service (as part of the Executive Capability Assessment for Development programme). Our expertise in this area was also recognised when we were chosen as SSC's provider of the Leadership Insight programme (click here for more information). This ongoing initiative, which is the biggest of its type in New Zealand, involves leadership assessment and benchmarking across the public service. To date we have assessed and coached over 400 public sector leaders as part of Leadership Insight.
We believe effective development assessment programmes must provide participants with an experience that is unmistakeably representative of the demands of leadership roles; offer insights into their current performance, preferences and potential; and provide a clear understanding of their key development priorities and what they need to do to address them.
The key components of a development assessment with Cerno may include the following:
- A 360° survey. For more information on our 360° survey, click here.
- Development-focused online questionnaires.
- An Assessment for Development Centre. Our assessment centres are tailored to your organisation’s needs, and often include in-depth interviews and leadership simulations in our purpose-built assessment suite.
Following the assessment, we ensure your leaders are provided with the insight and tools necessary to make targeted improvements to their leadership capability. We do this by providing:
- Clear and ‘jargon-free’ reports on participants’ strengths and development needs.
- Coaching and feedback discussions with an experienced Cerno consultant.
- Tailored development plans that identify key priority areas of development focus, measures of success, and actions to take in each area.